Tuesday 29 September 2015

Arrangements for our extended trip to Greenwood Tea Garden

Bee has done sterling work in Assam and not only tracked down my Great Grandfathers Tea Garden but has found the owners and arranged for Paddy and I to visit, dine and stay.

 

Hugh Macnish was the manager of the Greenwood Tea Estate located just outside Dibrugarh. It is now owned by the Assam Company India Limited.

 

Bee has made contact with Mr Sanjib Bhuyan the Senior Manager who is now expecting Paddy and I on the 25th November 2015 for lunch, a tour of the surrounding gardens, dinner and overnight stay. It will be strange staying in the same house my Great Grandfather and my Grandmother lived in so many years ago.

 

Otherwise final arrangements are in place. Injections arranged, passport sent away for my Indian Visa, flights booked and car in transit. One month to go.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment